Vitamin E refers to a group of eight fatsoluble compounds that include both tocopherols and tocotrienols Of the many different forms of vitamin E, γtocopherol is the most common in the North American diet Tocopherol can be found in corn oil, soybean oil, margarine, and dressings.[3 In the North American diet, αtocopherol, the most biologically active form of vitamin E, is the secondmost common form of vitamin E. This variant can be found most abundantly in wheat germ oil, sunflower, and safflower oils As a fsoluble antioxidant, it stops the production of reactive oxygen species formed when fat undergoes oxidation.
1.As an antioxidant, vitamin E powder acts as a peroxyl radical scavenger, preventing the propagation of free radicals in tissues, by reacting with them to form a tocopheryl radical, which will then be reduced by a hydrogen donor (such as vitamin C) and thus return to its reduced state.
2. As an enzymatic activity regulator, for instance, protein kinase C (PKC), which plays a role in smooth muscle growth, can be inhibited by α-tocopherol.
3. Vitamin E also has an effect on gene expression. Macrophagesrich in cholesterol are found in the atherogenetic tissue.
4. Vitamin E also plays a role in neurological functions,and inhibition of platelet aggregation
5. Vitamin E also protects lipids and prevents the oxidation of polyunsaturated fatty acids.
1. Vitamin E Powder can be applied in the Cosmetics industry, mixed tocopherol can prevent the premature aging of skin and improve the skin’s elasticity.
2. Vitamin E Powder can be applied in the Medical industry, mixed tocopherol can be used in curing pericoronitis, fatty liver, and arteriosclerosis, habitual abortion and barrenness.
3. Vitamin E Powder can be applied in the Food industry, mixed tocopherol is mainly used as an antioxidant and a fortifying agent of fatty foods,and nutritional reinforcing agent of health care product.
4. Vitamin E Powder can be applied in feed additive for livestock, mixed tocopherol is mainly used as an antioxidant it can improve the reproductive functions of animals and increase reproductive capacity.