Theanine, also known as L-γ-glutamylethylamide and N⁵-ethyl-L-glutamine, is an amino acid analogue of the proteinogenic amino acids L-glutamate and L-glutamine and is found primarily in particular plant and fungal species. It was discovered as a constituent of green tea in 1949; in 1950, it was isolated from gyokuro leaves. Theanine provides a unique brothy or savory flavor to green tea infusions.
Molecular Formula: C7H14N2O3
1.Impact on the central nervous system;L-theanine can significantly promote the release of dopamine from the brain and increase the physiological activity of dopamine in the brain.
2. Antihypertensive effect; The hypotensive effect of L-theanine showed to some extent can also be seen as a stabilizing effect. And this kind of stability will no doubt contribute to the recovery of physical and mental fatigue.
3. Improve learning ability and memory.
4. Improve menstrual syndrome;The sedative effect of L-theanine is regarded as an improvement on menstrual syndrome and clinical trials on women have demonstrated its effectiveness.
5. L-Theanine can inhibit neuronal cell death caused by transient cerebral ischemia and protect nerve cells.
6. Improve the efficacy of anti-cancer drugs.L-Theanine also has the effect of inhibiting the infiltration of cancer cells. Infiltration of cancer cells is a necessary way for the proliferation of cancer cells.
Pharmaceutical companies add Theanine powder to their products Finest Nutra water soluble theanine powder/L-theaninefor anxiety and stress, depression, schizophrenia, for preventing Alzheimer’s disease, for treating attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), and improving mental performance and attention. L-Theanine is also taken by mouth for reducing blood pressure, preventing the flu, and improving how well cancer drugs work as well as decreasing the side effects of cancer drugs.