Andrographis Paniculata is an herb commonly used in China, India, and other countries in subtropical and Southeast Asia. Both the fresh and dried leaves, as well as the fresh juice of the whole plant, have been used in a variety of cultures.
The most common therapeutic potential of Andrographis Paniculata is its liver protective property. Some clinical studies demonstrates its liver protective effects by enhancing activity of antioxidant enzymes along with the level of glutathione and decreasing the activity of lipid peroxidase which leads to generation of free radicals damaging the liver cells thus exerting a Hepatoprotective activity.
- Andrographolide plays an important role in anti pathogenic microorganism function.
- Antipyretic effect.
- Anti-inflammatory effects.
- Andrographolide has positive effect on organism immune system.
- Andrographis has an obvious effect in termination of pregnancy.
- Cholagogic effect and to protect liver.
- Applied in pharmaceutical field, it is usually made into tablets, soft capsule, injectio, etc. to treat acute bacillary dysentery, gastroenteritis, cat fever, amygdalitis, faucitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, phthisis and so on.
- Applied in veterinary field, it is made into pulvis to treat acute bacillary dysentery, gastro-enteritis and pneumonia of poultry and livestock.